Thursday, January 3, 2013

January 3


GENESIS 5:1-7:24
MATTHEW 3:7-4:11
PSALM 3:1-8
PROVERBS 1:10-19

God- My Shield.

Many times, I feel an immense pressure and attack from the enemy.  If you are like me, than you too have had momentary feelings of extreme doubt and fear.  In those times, I find comfort in the book of Psalms.  

So many questions, so many laments, so many doubts, so many fears.  I find comfort that heros of the faith have experienced the same things that we experience today.

Psalm 3 is a favorite of many people facing peril and hardships because of the expression of sublime trust in God's protection.  

"O Lord, how many are my foes!How many rise up against me! Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him.” David was growing frustrated with his enemies, and he gained comfort looking upward remembering the benefit of trusting God.

What I admire about David is that his troubles always brought him to his knees, and in all his difficulties and dangers, he had been enabled to acknowledge God.  "But you, God, shield me on all sides;You ground my feet, you lift my head high; With all my might I shout up to God, His answers thunder from the holy mountain."

I pray that I may be like David, that even in the midst of pressures, failures, disappointments, and heartaches that I would have the conviction to cry out to God.  To remember the goodness of God even in life's gloomiest days.  

David says in verse 4 that he cried to God and God answered him. How beautiful is that!  The Creator of the universe hears our cry.  I implore you to always remember that God is our shield and our protector in times of trouble and need.  

You may have been let down by people around you, but our God is always attentive to the cry of His people.  If there was an underlying theme that could be taken from this Psalm, it is this: Whenever I call, He answers!



No comments:

Post a Comment